In temples, we can draw closer to the Lord, we can learn more about His plan for our happiness, we can receive essential ordinances for our exaltation, and we can perform vicarious service on behalf of those who have died without the gospel of Jesus Christ. The culminating blessing of the temple is that we can be joined together as families for eternity, so that our relationships with those we love will last forever.
Preparing for the Temple
Stake Temple Recommend Interviews
- Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:20 pm (except holidays)
- Last Sunday of each month, 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- By appointment
Family History Activities
Stake member are encouraged to regularly participate in family history activities. Here are some simple and fun ideas:
- Do at least 1 activity on FamilySearch.
- Index 1 batch of names.
- Read at least 1 story of an ancestor.
- Look at and label photos of ancestors.
- Find at least 1 source for an ancestor.
- Find a recipe from a country where an ancestor came from and make it.
- Learn about a place where your ancestor lived. You can even visit it on Google Maps.
- Make a timeline of an ancestor’s life.
- Relative Finder – to see what famous people you are related to.
- Pick an ancestor and find out what was happening in the world on the day they were born.
Family History Resources
- Stake Temple and Family History Plan
- Stake Temple and Family History Meetings
- Stake Family History Center (at the Stake Center)
- Layton FamilySearch Center
- In-home family history activities (About Me, My Family, The Temple)
- Memories (photos, stories, documents, audio)
- Indexing – help make records searchable online
- Temple names
- Ward Consultant help