Every Member Can Be a Missionary
All of us can share the gospel in normal and natural ways. As disciples of Jesus Christ, every member is encouraged to love and serve those around us – comforting a co-worker in need, inviting our friends to a baptism, helping an elderly neighbor with his yard work, inviting a less-active member over for a meal, or helping a neighbor with her family history. These are all natural, normal ways to invite others to share in the light of the gospel. Sharing with them the fun times and the sacred times of our lives may actually be the most effective way any of us can “labor in [Jesus Christ’s] vineyard for the salvation of the souls of men [and women]” (D&C 138:56).
Preparing for Missionary Service
Full-time missionary service is a privilege for members who are called through inspiration by the President of the Church. Missionary service is literally service to the Lord and His Church. Prepare now for the rigors, challenges and blessings of full-time missionary work.
Join our weekly stake mission preparation class:
- Sundays, 3:30 – 4:30 pm (at the Stake Center)
Full and Part-time Senior Missionaries
Hundreds of full- and part-time missionary opportunities can be found by searching https://seniormissionary.churchofjesuschrist.org or by contacting your bishop. Please contact Joel Workman, Scott Larsen, Mark Williams, or Patti Williams for more information.
There are urgent needs for Church Service Missionaries (CSM) right here at home. Please consider your availability to serve in one of these stay-at-home CSM positions assigned to our stake.
- Harrisville Cannery Supervisor (#00324420), 16 hours/week – Helps train and supervise the volunteers who come to help at the cannery.
- Layton Home Storage Center Worker (#00365030), 8 hours/week – Assists patrons in purchasing long-term food storage items. Helps maintain the center operations and facilities.
- Ogden Transitional Services Worker (#00389652), 8 hours/week – Helps transient and homeless individuals with food, clothing, transportation and other needs.
- Layton Utah Mission, Full-Time Missionary, 40 hours/week – As a member and leader support missionary, you will work with local stake, ward, and branch leaders to reactivate and rescue less-active members, retain new converts, strengthen young single adults, and support local leaders. You will also work with the younger missionaries to share and teach the gospel. You can have a great and lasting influence on younger missionaries serving within a mission.
- Wasatch Front Service Mission, TBD