Church sports and activities provide opportunities for wholesome physical activity, fellowship, and sportsmanship. The emphasis in Church sports is on participation, sportsmanship, and skill development, not competition. All team members should have regular opportunities to play.
Please let us know if you have any ideas for new activities or suggestions to help us improve our stake sports program. Contact Mike Poll, Matt Wren or Paul Clark for more information.
Stake Bowling Activity – Pins ‘n Grins 2022
Come join us for a night of bowling and sociality. This event has become a fun tradition that draws a crowd. Make sure you are part of the fun.
DATE: Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 6:30 pm (please arrive by 6:15 for lane assignment, optional shoe rental (included), and ball selection)
LOCATION: The Rush Funplex – 1806 S 2000 W, Syracuse UT (off of Antelope Drive – estimated travel 25 minutes from South Weber)
COST: $8/person for two hours of bowling, pizza, and prizes
Stake Golf Activity – ‘Cumorah Cup’ 2022
The Cumorah Cup is a fun and light-hearted challenge between teams and wards, with the winning ward taking home bragging rights and the Cumorah Cup.
DATE: Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:30 AM (Check-in prior to 8:00 AM)
PLACE: Eagle Mountain Golf Course (Brigham City)
COST: $40 (Includes cart, lunch, and modest prizes)
NOTE: Space is limited to the first 120 paid players, so sign up quickly to ensure your spot.
Stake Pickleball Activity
To be announced
Other Upcoming Activities
- TBD – Family hike
- TBD – Golf Tournament
- TBD – Couple dance instruction
- TBD – Family-friendly Dodge Ball (youth and adults)
- TBD – Flag Football
- TBD – Co-ed Softball
General Rules & Sportsmanship
- Ward sports directors are expected to help plan & promote stake sports events, provide officials, keep score, etc. (thanks for your help!)
- Sportsmanship is key – no swearing, complaining, trash talk or aggressive play
- All players must live in the ward boundary – reach out to neighbors
- Players and coaches should arrive 15 minutes before scheduled game time
- Youth teams must have an adult coach
- Home team – white jersey, visiting team – dark jersey
- Home team provides the prayer
- Call your own fouls – be honest, have fun
- Church buildings should be empty and locked before 10:00 pm
In case anyone has forgotten the rules of good sportsmanship…